The BCI Society is accepting abstract submissions for the 7th International BCI meeting to be held May 21-25 at the Asilomar Conference Center in Pacific Grove, CA, USA.
Abstracts are accepted for poster submission. From those submissions, the Program Committee will select a limited number of abstracts for oral presentations.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Each submitter can submit only one scientific abstract as first author
- The first author will present the poster or oral presentation
- The first author must register to the Meeting for their abstract to appear in the final program.
- Abstract submitters need to declare their conflict of interest. The BCI Society requires authors to signify whether there may be a real or perceived conflict of interest. Any potential for financial gain that may be derived from reported work may constitute a potential conflict of interest. Financial contributions from commercial sponsors to the work being reported may be perceived as a potential conflict of interest and should be clearly acknowledged. It is the author’s responsibility to report any real or perceived financial conflict of interest during the abstract submission process.
Additional consideration about Poster presentations
*Posters will be assigned to one of several poster sessions. We will inform you of the day and time of your poster presentation with the poster acceptance notification. Authors will be asked to be by their poster either for the first or second half of their poster session to present the poster.
*Each poster will be assigned a space approximately 45 inches by 45 inches (114 cm x 114 cm). We recommend that your poster be less than this size (perhaps 36 inches or 1 meter wide at the most) to allow enough space between posters. Please make sure that the title of your poster matches the title of your submitted abstract.
Additional consideration about Oral presentations
*Oral presentations will be assigned to one of several Research Sessions. The day and time of your oral presentation will be announced closer to the Meeting date.
*Format (including length) of oral presentation will be announced at a later date.
*The projector default to a 16:9 aspect ratio. Presentations should show the title of the abstract as submitted, the authors, and acknowledge funding and any conflicts of interest that should be disclosed.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FORMAT
- The abstract should state concisely what was done and why, what was found, and the relevance.
- The abstract title has a max 225, incl. spaces, character limit
- The abstract itself should be 700 words (approximately 4,500 characters including spaces). You may also add 1 figure, image or table.
Your abstract should include the following sections (identify section headers with italics then a colon):
Material, Methods and Results:
*You may also include an acknowledgements and a references sections.
Poster submissions are invited in the following subject areas (themes):
- Signal analysis
- Signal acquisition
- BCI implant – control
- BCI implant – other
- BCI non-invasive – control
- BCI non-invasive – other
- User aspects: experience, ethics
During the submission process, please indicate if:
- you would like your abstract to be considered for an Oral presentation
2. You would like to apply for a Student Award (for more information on the Student Award, please click here)
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION PROCESS
- Submission of the abstract will be done via the BCI Society’s online abstract management system. First authors will need to register with the site and create a password to manage their submission.
- You will be asked to list all authors who contributed to the work discussed in the abstract, and in the correct order. The first author will receive all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Make sure you select a theme for the abstract to identify the area of BCI in which the abstract fits. Selection of a primary theme is required. Selection of a secondary theme is optional, but often helpful to the Program Committee.
Abstract submission is now closed.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION REVIEW
Abstracts will be peer reviewed by at least 2 reviewers from the Review Committee.
Abstract submission opening date: December 1st, 2017
Abstract submission closing date: January 22, 2018
Decision on poster presentations, oral presentations and Student Awards: March 8, 2018
Thank you to the 2018 BCI Meeting sponsors