Following the success of the Early Career Awards in 2020 and 2021, the International Brain-Computer Interface Society is pleased to inaugurate a Lifetime Achievement Award, and to open the call for nominations. Through this award, the BCI Society seeks to honor a scientist who has made significant contributions to brain-computer interface (BCI) research throughout their career. It is designed to recognize the work of someone who has served the cause of BCI with passion and commitment by achieving excellence in research, value in mentoring, and significance in building and maintaining the BCI community.
The prize consists of lecture at the 2023 BCI Meeting (June 6 – 9, 2023; complimentary registration), an award with a portrait and a personalized surprise.
An eligible candidate for the Lifetime Achievement Award:
- Is a member-in-good-standing of the BCI Society;
- Must be aware of the nomination and accept being nominated;
- Must agree to the following if s/he wins the award:
-Give a talk at the next BCI Meeting (ideally in person);
- Does not qualify for the Early Career Award (i.e., is more than 10 years past their first terminal degree, MD or PhD).
*Important for nominators:
- The nominator must be a member-in-good-standing of the BCI Society;
- Self-nominations are not allowed;
- A nominee must be nominated on behalf of three nominators;
- Current board members, and members of the Awards Committee, cannot be nominated;
- Current board members, and members of the Awards Committee, cannot be a nominator.
Application for the Lifetime Achievement Award must include the following:
- Nomination form, signed by three nominators,
- An updated CV of the nominee (5 pages max) in the format of the NIH biosketch;
Please use only PDF formatting for these documents.
Applications will be reviewed by a special committee composed of:
- Two BCI Society board members;
- Three or four jurors of neighboring research fields, to be decided based on the background of nominees.
Jurors will be solicited by the Awards Committee, taking into account diversity and background that matches that of the nominees.
How to submit
Applicants must submit the required materials directly to the BCI Secretariat via email with the subject line: BCI Lifetime Achievement Award Nomination
Applications will be accepted until November 1st at 11:59pm Central Daylight Time.